what else can he do? Can h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
znvjk Jun 19
BISMARCK, N. Brendan Langley Broncos Jersey .D. -- North Dakota State University President Dean Bresciani said Monday that some text messages he sent regarding heavily criticized and now-rescinded media guidelines for covering Bison athletics were not appropriate.Bresciani in a campus-wide email also continued to maintain that he wasnt consulted on the guidelines that were roundly panned by journalists and on social media before NDSU scrapped them after just four days.Bresciani said he was at a funeral out of state when the guidelines were made public, but the explosive reaction on social media ... quickly made me aware (of) them.Also Monday, state Board of Higher Education Chairwoman Kathleen Neset said in a statement that the board is investigating the controversy and will consider next steps as soon as possible. The board has already delayed extending Brescianis contract and said he needs to work on teamwork, communication and collaboration.This new development is serious and consistent with communications issues the board previously identified in Dr. Brescianis improvement plan, Neset said.The short-lived media rules issued July 29 primarily involved restrictions on live broadcasting, internet streaming and social media posts at sporting events for media outlets that didnt have contracts to broadcast basketball and football games. NDSU -- whose football team is the five-time defending Football Championship Subdivision champion -- issued a follow-up statement the next day saying the conditions were needed to protect the commercial interests of stations paying the Fargo school for exclusive rights to TV and radio broadcasts.Three days later, on Aug. 2, NDSU issued a statement rescinding the guidelines. It said Bresciani had not been informed of the guidelines in advance, and quoted him as saying I was profoundly disappointed when I learned the facts about this issue.Text messages from Bresciani to Athletic Director Matt Larsen late on July 29 and early on July 30 that were obtained by blogger Rob Port appeared to contradict Brescianis profoundly disappointed mood.In one text about a newspaper reporters response to the new rules, Bresciani wrote Larson, to make you smirk. In another exchange, Larsen wrote that he was going to circle the wagons with staff, to which Bresciani replied that he thought it was a good idea.Bresciani in his Monday email acknowledged initially supporting the guidelines.I now understand that my initial support was misplaced and some of my text communications were not appropriate, he wrote.In another text the day before the guidelines were rescinded, Bresciani told Larsen to control the spin and to own the decision as yours not something you were told you had to do. He added that he would back the athletic director.NDSU spokeswoman Laura McDaniel said Monday that during that exchange, Bresciani was coaching Larsen on how to approach a possible meeting with upset media members about potential changes to the guidelines. She acknowledged that control the spin was a bad word choice, but that it was absolutely not (Bresciani) saying, `You tell everybody this is your fault.In the schools Aug. 2 statement rescinding the guidelines, Larsen apologized, said he erred in not bringing these ideas forward for the presidents review and regretted the damage this has caused NDSU and its administration.Larsen did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.State Rep. Mark Sanford, R-Grand Forks, chairman of the state Legislatures Interim Higher Education Committee, said Monday that he thinks the guidelines were ill-advised.Thats kind of the heart of all of this, he said.A Fargo newspaper has publicly called for Bresciani to resign. Sanford declined to comment on whether he thought NDSU needed new leadership, saying Brescianis future is up to the state Board of Higher Education.---Follow Blake Nicholson on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/NicholsonBlake Chad Kelly Youth Jersey . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. Carlos Henderson Jersey . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.broncosproauthentic.com/Black-Friday-Jake-Butt-Jersey/ . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Exploding out of the blocks in lane eight, Wayde van Niekerk didnt see another runner during the entire Olympic 400-meter final.He didnt need to. It was just him against the clock.The South African sprinter broke Michael Johnsons 17-year-old world record on Sunday night in Rio de Janeiro, leaving two of the greatest one-lap runners of this era in his dust. Van Niekerk finished in 43.03 seconds -- 0.15 seconds faster than Johnson ran on Aug. 26, 1999 in Seville, Spain. To think, Johnsons mark was considered one of the almost untouchable records in track, too.I was running blind all the way, Van Niekerk explained. I thought someone was going to catch me -- whats going on, whats going on, and it gave me motivation to keep on pushing.The 24-year-old Van Niekerk leaned at the finish line, which he really didnt need to do as Kirani James of Grenada and LaShawn Merritt of the Unites States werent even in the picture. James, the defending Olympic champion, finished with the silver and Merritt, who won gold eight years ago in Beijing, hung on for bronze as he staggered across the line.Van Niekerk drove a wedge in the rivalry between James and Merritt at the world championships last August, when he beat them both with such a lung-searing performance that he left the track on a stretcher.Now, hes the fastest ever.Instead of collapsing at the finish this time, Van Niekerk dropped to one knee and put his head in his hands. Moments later, he draped the multi-colored South African flag around his shoulders and took off his spikes. As he did so, Van Niekerk pointed at the clock to make sure everyone saw his time.Hard to miss. It was that impressive.Even Usain Bolt thought so, seeking out Van Niekerk and congratulating him moments after the Jamaican won his unprecedented third 100 titlle. Brendan Langley Womens Jersey. The compliments kept on coming with Johnson, a track and field TV analyst for BBC, weighing in as well.Oh my God! From lane eight, a world record. He took it out so quick, Johnson told the BBC. I have never seen anything from 200 to 400 like that.That was a massacre from Wayde van Niekerk. He just put those guys away.They didnt stand a chance. James thought he possibly had enough in the tank to catch Van Niekerk around the final curve. No way.No one did. This was really a race for silver, with James easily holding off Merritt, who had to dig deep to cling to the bronze.He just wouldnt slow down, James said. Usually, what happens is the last 100 (meters) guys start to slow down a little bit, but he just kept going. When you keep going like that, obviously a record is going to fall.Akani Simbine, who is Van Niekerk roommate in the Olympic Village, said his teammate was targeting the record.But we didnt bring it up much because thats just added pressure, you know, said Simbine, who finished fifth in the 100 final. He knows what he needs to do and we believe in what he can do.It was just a thing of, OK, he said hes going to do it, break the world record, and here he did it.A world record -- precisely what the sport needed in the wake of a Russian doping scandal that grabbed the headlines before the Olympics.A fast, fresh face -- also a boost since Bolt cant be around forever.Van Niekerk is so young, what else can he do? Can he go under 43 seconds? Johnson said. It is something I thought I could do, but never did. Usain Bolt will be retiring soon. This could be the next star of the sport.---AP Sports Writers Gerald Imray and Jenna Fryer contributed. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '